Monday, July 28, 2014

Decisions Determine our Destiny

This year our family motto is a quote by Elder Russel M Nelson of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  

Today I am reminded of this in regards to how to show kindness and love.  Each day we are interact with people, some we know and love, some are strangers... and others may have offended us or hurt us in some way.  It is a conscious, everyday decision to treat all people with love and kindness.  

We never know what challenges or struggles people are having, but one thing I have learned as I have gotten older and wiser is that each of us is fighting a battle that no one knows anything about.  As I remember this it is easier for me to show love and kindness.  If I am stuck in traffic and someone cuts me off, or won't let me merge I picture them headed to the hospital to see a sick loved one... and suddenly their actions don't bother me at all.  Sadly sometimes people are rude and say hurtful things and then I imagine what they must face at home... maybe someone in their life treated them that way and that is all they know.  It is then suddenly easier for me to forgive those hurtful words and love.  Next time you are finding it difficult to 
show love and kindness 
I challenge you to try to picture a battle they may be fighting...does it soften your heart?  

I have a huge testimony of how the Lord answers our prayers through the people he places in our lives, and I know that if we decide each day to treat those people with love and kindness that our destiny will be filled with happiness, friends, and most of all... answers to our prayers.  

Usually I sell this design on my Etsy shop here... but in appreciation for all the love and support that we have been shown on our adoption journey I am posting it here for FREE! 

Remember to share our story, share our desire to adopt... you never know... you may just be the answer to our prayers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment